the science of teaching
public support and recommendations
Following an initial exploratory meeting at the AAN annual meeting in San Diego in April 2006, a steering committee of Iowa neurologists was formed. The Iowa Medical Society provided administrative support, and the committee went to work establishing the organization. The first annual meeting was held in February 2007 during which by-laws were adopted and officers were elected. At this time, the INA has 40 active members and 28 trainees and retirees.
Any physician who holds a license to practice medicine in Iowa and serves as a neurologist in the state of Iowa is eligible for active membership in the Association. Active members are expected to pay annual dues within 90 days of notification.
Non-voting membership is available to neurology residents and fellows and retired neurologists. Dues are waived.
Follow us on social media!
Board of Directors
Officers elected at the 2017-2019 Annual Meeting:
- President: David Moore, MD
- President – Elect: Edward Clemmons, DO
- Vice President: Connie Pieper, MD, Iowa City
- Secretary: Rodney Short, MD, Davenport
- Treasurer: Keith Kohout, DO, Des Moines
- Past President: Anil Dhuna, MD, West Burlington
- Resident: Amir Shaban, MD